- R.K.G.E.C. library is primarily for the Faculty, Students, Administrative / Technical Staff.
How to get membership
- Collect membership form from the library.
- Get it filled and recommended by the Director in case of faculty & staff members and D.S.W. in case of students.
- Submit the above mentioned form to the Librarian along with two recent colored passport photographs.
B. General Rules
- All library users must sign in / out register available with the security counter at the gate.
- User should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other readers in the library.
- Eating / use of mobile phone / drinking / sleeping is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- While entering the library user should leave his / her personal belongings such as bags, personal books, laptops etc. at the counter reserved for this purpose. Loose papers and notebooks may however be taken into the library. Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings if asked.
- User of the library should not deface, mark, cut or damage the reading materials in any way. Persons doing so are liable to be fined heavily, apart from being asked to pay the cost of the damage. In case a person repeats the offences a second time his/her library card would be impounded and the membership terminated summarily.
- If any student is found indulging in book hiding, stealing or mutilating, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
- The member would satisfy himself / herself before leaving the issue counter as to whether the book is in good condition or not otherwise he may be held responsible.
- Library remains open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Library hour flexible for hostler, it remains open upto 11 p.m. on students requirements. Circulation counter shall remains closed during 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. for lunch break. However, it will revised time to time.
- No student is permittedin in library / reading room during scheduled classes.
C. Circulation Rules
- Borrowing facilities are given only to the member of the library. Books may be borrowed only against the library card issued to an individual. Borrowing will be done only through the counter. The library card is non transferable.
- Books are issued and returned from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Library member is responsible for any book issued against that library card, as per the library record.
- Newspapers, periodicals & reference books will not be issued from the Library.
- For renewal, it is necessary that the book should be presented at the issue counter. Renewal is not automatic. If there are pending demand for the book, the librarian may turn down the request.
- The user should check the books thoroughly for missing pages, chapters etc. while getting them issued. No complaint will be entertained later on.
- No books in damaged condition will be accepted from the users on return. Damaged books will have to be replaced by the borrower.
- In case of loss of books by borrower, the borrower is required either to replace the books by a recent edition, if available or pay its cost.
- Text books are issued for 14 days and book bank books are issued for the whole semester.
- If a book is not returned with in the stipulated period the member will be charged a penalty as given below:
For Text Book, for first 7 days @ Rs. 5/- per day per book.
For next 7 days @ Rs. 10/- per day per book.
For subsequent days the matter reported for action and membership terminated.
For Reference book (if issued overnight then) @ Rs. 20/- per day per book.
For Book Bank @ Rs. 10/- per day per book.
- The fine should be paid at the circulation counter.
- If a member loses a book issued against his/her library card, the penalty will be as follows:
- Current cost of the book and Rs. 50/- as book processing charge.
- If the relevant book is not easily available in the market then the user would pay the double of the current cost of the book.
- If a member loses his / her library card, and he/she makes a written report to the Director /DSW. Member will be responsible for misuse of lost card and a duplicate card will be issued at a cost of Rs.100.00.
- If a borrower does not return the book in spite of two successive reminders his/her membership is liable to be cancelled without further notice.
- The Librarian can recall books or CD Issued any time if need arises.
- The College authority have the right to review and revise rules and regulation of the library time to time.
D. User Assistance
All members of the library team are available for any assistance one may need in using the library resources, facilities & services they are also welcome to offer suggestion for improving library & its environment.